* * * * *
Strategies of Memphis (RSM) is located in the center of Memphis,
which serves as the medical
hub for the Mid-South Area. The greater Memphis metropolitan
area including the adjacent areas of Mississippi and Arkansas
has an estimated population of approximately 1.2 million people.
Memphis is well known for its cultural contributions to the
identity of the American South such as rhythm and blues, music
and barbeque. Memphis hosts the Annual World Championship of
Barbeque each May on the banks of the Mississippi River. Memphis
is considered North Americas
distribution leader. FedEx World Headquarters and WorldHub
are both located in Memphis. Memphis is especially proud to
be the home for Saint Jude Childrens Research Hospital
specializing in child and adolescent cancer research.
Strategies of Memphis conducts all phases of clinical trials.
Inpatient Clinical Trials are conducted in conjunction
with Parkwood Behavioral Health System, Compass Intervention
Center and Lakeside Behavioral Health System, all located
in close proximity to the site. Research Strategies of Memphis
is highly accommodating to monitors and sponsors with separate
areas for them to work at the site, while having full access
to our staff. RSM utilizes a central IRB designated by
study sponsor. Our site is dedicated solely to research
and has a central lab on the premises as well as the latest
available to connect and transmit data. Our office has
separate exam rooms, physician consult rooms and each clinical
coordinator has their own office in order to consult with
Back to Top
About Our Physicians
Research Strategies of Memphis, LLC (RSM) began in 2005 as a collaboration of renowned research industry professionals. Our Physician Investigators and Chief Executive Officer have over fifty years combined experience in clinical research. RSM investigators are board-certified or board-eligible physicians with a dedication to quality and patient care.
Roger B. Vogelfanger, MD
August 23, 1946 - December 13, 2009
- Roger B. Vogelfanger, MD was one of the primary founders of Research Strategies of Memphis, LLC and RSM’s primary Principal Investigator until his death in 2009.
“Dr. V” (as he was affectionately called) was a graduate of Cornell University and completed Medical School at Vanderbilt University. Dr. V served as the Chief Resident in Adolescent Psychiatry at Saint Joseph Hospital/University of South Florida. He began his private practice in Memphis in 1976 and served as the Medical Director for a local inpatient psychiatric unit. Dr. Vogelfanger was Board Certified in Adult and Adolescent Psychiatry. “Dr. V” will always be in our hearts
- David L. Struble, MD is a graduate of Middle Tennessee State University where he graduated magna cum laude and completed Medical School at the University Of Tennessee School of Medicine. Dr. Struble completed his residency and fellowship at Wright State University School of Medicine where he served as Chief Resident. Following a tour of duty in the United States Air Force, Dr. Struble began his private practice in Memphis. Dr. Struble is Board Certified in Adult and Child/Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Anita Varma, MD is a graduate of Muhlenberg College and completed Medical School at Ross University of Medicine. Dr. Varma completed her residency at the University of Tennessee School of Medicine where she served as the Chief Resident Physician. Dr. Varma is certified in Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) and is Board Eligible in Psychiatry.
- Kenny Terry, MD is a graduate of Jackson State University and completed Medical School and Residency Training at the University of Tennessee. Dr. Terry earned the Teaching Resident of the Year 2004-2005 as well as the President of the Psychiatry Interns for 2003-2004. Dr. Terry is Board Eligible in Psychiatry.
- Paul King, MD is a graduate of Brooklyn College and completed Medical School at Cornell University Medical College. Dr. King also has a Masters of Science in Microbiology from Long Island University. Dr. King completed a fellowship in Child Psychiatry from the University of Tennessee and Residency at the Payne Whitney Psychiatry Clinic in New York, NY. Dr. King began his private practice in 1977 and has served as the Medical Director for several psychiatric inpatient facilities since that time. Dr. King has authored the book Sex, Drugs and Rock ‘N Roll – Healing Today’s Troubled Youth.
- Steven Rice, MD is a graduate of Vanderbilt University and completed Medical School at Tulane Medical School. Dr. Rice completed an Internship at Baptist Memorial Hospital and Psychiatry Residency at the University of Tennessee both located in Memphis, TN. Dr. Rice is Board Certified in Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric Psychiatry.
Back to Top
of Memphis utilizes a central IRB designated by the study
has a central laboratory on the premises. The site is spacious
and very comfortable for the study volunteers. Research Strategies
of Memphis strives to be accommodating to study patients,
study sponsors and all others affiliated in the clinical
of Memphis staff are all well-trained and experienced in
working with patients
among all age groups suffering with psychiatric
disorders. They make a choice to work
in the mental health field and have a passion for being a
part of bringing additional treatments available to the general
public. Our staff includes the following:
Rebecca "Becky" Pace, RN
Chief Executive Officer
Christy M. Pace
Office Manager/Data and Project Coordinator
Judy Feld, RN
Clinical Research Coordinator/Director of Inpatient Studies
Laurie Martin, RN
Clinical Research Coordinator
Clinical Research Coordinator
Back to Top
RSM Affiliated Physicians
David Struble, MD
Anita Varma, MD
Paul King, MD
Steve Rice, MD
Kenny Terry, MD